Book your antenatal classes now
Antenatal classes (sometimes called parent education or a birth preparation course) can help you to prepare for your baby's birth and give you confidence and information.
They are informative and fun, and they're free to attend.
Labour and Birth
Healthy Lifestyles and Postnatal Care and Support
Infant Feeding and Safety
How will the course help me?
- Learn about labour and birth, make a birth plan, and discuss the choices available to you.
- Prepare for life with a newborn.
- Find out how to stay healthy during and after pregnancy.
- Gain information on infant feeding, safe sleeping and other safety elements.
- Meet some new parents-to-be and discuss your plans and any worries with professionals and other parents. These friendships can help parents through the first few months with their new baby.
Who can attend?
Our classes are available to parents to be who are registered with a Hull GP or living within the Hull city boundary.
Where and when are the classes held?
The course consists of 3 sessions, one each week for 3 consecutive weeks, between 6pm-8pm in the following areas:
- East Hull – Monday evenings
- North Hull – Tuesday evenings
- West Hull – Wednesday evenings
- Central Hull – Thursday evenings