It is important to stay healthy during your pregnancy. There are lifestyle choices you can make that can have a good or bad effect on your health and the health of your baby.
Your community midwife and the Healthy Lifestyles Midwife can help support you with these choices.
You will be weighed at your first appointment, then at 28 weeks and 36 weeks of pregnancy.
The Healthy Lifestyles Midwife will see you if you have a BMI over 30. This will usually be when you have your glucose tolerance test. The Healthy Lifestyles Midwife may also see you if you gain more than 10kg in pregnancy, or require dietary advice for reasons related to weight loss and loss of appetite.
The Healthy Lifestyles Midwife is also available to:
- discuss healthy eating and weight management
- discuss exercise in pregnancy
- discuss quitting smoking
- administer whooping cough and flu vaccinations at clinic appointments
- signpost you to Us Mums classes and events
- call us on 01482 300300
- find Us Mums Hull on Facebook
For more information please contact:
Healthy Lifestyles Midwife