A significant proportion of the department’s work is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Many of these patients are treated at the Queen’s Centre at Castle Hill Hospital which serves the local community and has a catchment population of approximately 1.2 million people.
The department has UKAS Accreditation according to ISO 15189 (2012) standards and aims to provide quality and timely diagnostic and advisory service to patients and service users within the trust and local community.
The Mortuary and Bereavement Services section is not under UKAS ISO 15189 accreditation but is regulated and continually compliant with HTA regulatory standards.
Opening Hours and Location
The Cellular Pathology Laboratory is open from 7.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. It is located on the first floor of the Pathology building at Hull Royal Infirmary.
- Cellular Pathology: 01482 607720
- Cytology: 01482 607785
- Neuropathology: 01482 607813 / 01482 607807
- Laboratory Admin Support: 01482 607734
- Clinical Lead: Dr Ree Nee Tiam
- Head Biomedical Scientist: Angela Carling
- Chief Biomedical Scientists: Sue Gilbert, Amy Duckles and Jennifer Mitchell
- Laboratory Admin Support: Aimi Day
Some samples may be referred to other centres for further work or testing. You can view a list of all of our Cellular Pathology Referral Centres.