We have 165 members of staff working across two sites, serving primary and secondary care, and a population of 700,000 people in and around Hull.
We also serve as a specialist testing facility for other trusts and healthcare services. 70% of clinical decisions are made using blood results, making the 24/7 service a critical part of the workings of the healthcare pathways in the region and beyond.
Opening Hours and Location
- Hull Royal Infirmary Blood Sciences Laboratory is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is located on the ground floor of the Pathology building.
- Castle Hill Hospital Blood Sciences Laboratory is open from 8.30am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday. It is located on the 2nd floor of the Queen's Centre.
- Castle Hill Hospital Sample Reception: 01482 461360
- Hull Royal Infirmary Sample Reception: 01482 607796
- Clinical Advice: 01482 607743 (out of hours, contact Switchboard on 01482 875875)
- Results: 01482 607777 / 01482 607778
- Clinical Lead:
Dr Rachel Wilmot PhD, FRCPath
- Blood Sciences Acting Laboratory Managers:
Dr Mark Hajjawi