- Remove the cleaning swab from packaging.
- Using the polyester fibre-tipped cleaning swab with the white shaft, remove excess blood and mucus from the cervical os.
- Discard the used cleaning swab.
- Remove the pink collection swab from the packaging.
- Insert the collection swab into the cervical canal and rotate for 15-30 seconds.
- Withdraw the swab carefully. Avoid contact with the vaginal mucosa.
- Uncap the Qx Swab Diluent tube.
- Fully insert the collection swab into the Qx Swab Diluent tube.
- Break the shaft of the swab at the score mark. Use care to avoid splashing of contents.
- Tightly recap the tube.
- Label the tube with patient information and date/time collected.
- Transport to the laboratory.
Endocervical Specimen Swab Storage and Transport
The Qx Swab Diluent tube with swab must be stored and transported to the laboratory at 2-30°C within 30 days of collection. Alternatively, the Qx Swab Diluent tube may be stored and transported frozen (-20°C) to the laboratory and/or test site within 180 days of collection.