The Gynaecology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Team are
- Macmillan Gynae-oncological Clinical Nurse Specialists - Lynn Buckley, Sarah Robertson and Ashleigh Jarvis
- Care co-ordinator: Kim Turner
- Endometriosis Clinical Nurse Specialist: Tamara Wilson (may also help with phone calls and in clinic)
(Left to Right: Lynn, Tamara, Kim, Ashleigh, Sarah)
- We work Monday to Friday, not bank holidays
- Phone: 01482 624033 and 01482 622199
(Please leave a message if your call goes to voicemail with contact details, we aim to return your call by the next working day as we work clinically and are not always in the office)
- Email: email@example.com
Gynaecology CNS Office,
Main Admin Building,
Castle Hill Hospital,
We aim to provide the best possible care for women who are suspected of having, or have been given a diagnosis of a gynaecological cancer and their families and friends. Our aim is to provide support and information, enabling these women to make informed choices regarding their treatment options and ongoing care.
We are members of the Specialist Gynae-Oncology Multidisciplinary Team at Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The Multi Disciplinary Team provides treatment for all gynaecological cancers. There are many types of gynaecological cancer, often called women's cancers, which include:
The Specialist Gynaecological Oncology Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) is a well-established group of experts with a specialist role in the diagnosis, treatment and management of women with gynaecological cancers. The team includes doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who manage the treatment of gynaecological cancers in Hull and East Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and Goole, and Scarborough and North Yorkshire.
The team meets every Friday to discuss, in confidence, newly referred patients with a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of a gynaecological cancer; and existing patients who have undergone investigations if needed. The MDT meetings offer a forum for the team members to plan and agree a recommended program of treatment specific to individual patient needs. This ensures that all necessary investigations are carried out as quickly as possible and the best available treatment is offered. Treatment options are then discussed with the patient (and if they wish their family) at the next appointment.
Our multi-disciplinary team (MDT) comprises of consultant Gynae-Oncology surgeons, clinical and medical oncologists, radiologists & pathologists; CNSs and the MDT coordinator. We also have access to fertility services (Hull IVF Unit), research nurses, Macmillan Living With and Beyond Cancer, Macmillan palliative care team, Oncology Health Centre and Lymphoedema services.
The CNS team provide various nurse led services including a results clinic, BRCA (genetic) mainstreaming service, holistic needs assessments (HNA), assisting with surgery and ward visits (pre and post-op). We also run health and well-being events with the Living With and Beyond Cancer Team.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Team
- Gynaecology Oncology Enhanced Recovery
- Examination under anaesthetic for suspected gynaecological cancer
- Hysterectomy for Endometrial cancer
- Radical Hysterectomy
- Surgery for a pelvic mass
- Surgery for vulval cancer
- BRCA Gene Testing
- Radiotherapy for Gynaecological Cancers
- Vaginal Dilator Information
- Lymphoedema Advice Leaflet for Gynaecological Cancer Patients