The Radiology department provides comprehensive and extensive scans, x-rays and other procedures to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions. We offer all of the latest types of medical imaging techniques including CT, MRI, ultrasound and digital imaging.
We employ over 190 staff and perform in excess of 300,000 examinations a year across the 2 main hospital sites of Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital, plus numerous satellite sites including East Riding Community Hospital, East Hull X-Ray Centre, Withernsea, Hornsea and Westbourne Avenue.
We have excellent links with all specialities within the Trust and provide:
- Direct access in plain film imaging, ultrasound, CT and MRI
- 24/7 emergency plain film and CT services
- Extended service for MRI and ultrasound scanning (including evening and weekend lists)
- Walk-in GP service for plain film imaging
- Advanced interventional studies in a dedicated suite with day case provision
- Outreach ultrasound services
- Specialist services in Neuroradiology, Head and Neck, Chest and Cardiac, Musculoskeletal, Obs and Gynae, Vascular, Genito-Urinary and Paediatrics.