- Reference Number: HEY-1103/2019
- Departments: Haematology, Oncology (Cancer Services)
Translate the page
Use the headphones button (bottom left) and then select the globe to change the language of the page. Need some help choosing a language? Please refer to the Browsealoud Supported Voices and Languages resource.
This leaflet has been produced to give you general information. Most of your questions should be answered by this leaflet. It is not intended to replace the discussion between you and the healthcare team, but may act as a starting point for discussion. If after reading it you have any concerns or require further explanation, please discuss this with a member of the healthcare team.
The Macmillan Haematology Clinical Nurse Specialist Team
All patients who receive a diagnosis by the Haematology team are provided with an identified clinical nurse specialist/key worker. The Macmillan Haematology Clinical Nurse Specialist Team are part of the Haematology Multidisciplinary team and will be your point of contact and act as your key worker at the Queens Centre for Oncology and Haematology. We offer specialist support, information and advice to patients with a blood related cancer or non-cancer diagnosis.
The team consists of:
Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialists/Key Workers Haematology
Kay Beadle, Nichola Montague, Louise Clark
Macmillan Haematology CNS Team Co-ordinator
How can the team help you?
The team can help with questions or queries you may have such as:
- Information about investigations and diagnosis.
- Information you have been given regarding decisions about your care provide further information as needed.
- Advice on any symptoms and side affects you may have or are worried about.
- Emotional support to you and your carer/family member/friend.
- Co-ordinating care and providing a link with other professionals and agencies.
- Helping you make informed decisions about your care and management.
- How to arrange a holistic needs assessment with a member of the team. This is an assessment document that helps you to look at any needs or concerns you may about any area of your life. These concerns can be related to physical, emotional, practical, financial or spiritual.
How can I contact the Team?
The team work Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) between the hours of 8.30 am – 5.30 pm. Messages can be left on the answer machine, calls will be returned as soon as possible, although this may not be until the next working day. Your call may be answered or returned by another member of the team in absence of your named Key Worker/Nurse Specialist.
The team can be contacted on (01482) 461087. If you leave a message please provide your name, telephone number and, if possible, NHS or HEY number.
Useful contact numbers and websites
The following websites can provide useful information on haematological diseases, treatment and support:-
Macmillan Cancer Support www.macmillan.org.uk Telephone number: 0808 808 00 00
Bloodwise www.bloodwise.org.uk Telephone Number: 0808 2080 888
Lymphoma Action www.lymphomas.org.uk Telephone Number: 0808 808 5555
Myeloma UK www.myeloma.org.uk Telephone Number: 0800 980 3332
Leukaemia Care www.leukaemiacare.org.uk Telephone Number: 08088 010 444
Cancer Research UK www.cancerresearchuk.org Telephone Number: 0808 800 4040
Concerns or queries
If you have any concerns or queries about any of the services offered by the Trust, in the first instance, please speak to the healthcare team providing your care.