The Neuro-Oncology Psychology Service is part of the Department of Psychological Services. The aim of the service is to provide holistic neuropsychological assessment, rehabilitation and treatment to individuals experiencing cognitive, emotional or behavioural difficulties as a result of Brain and CNS tumours. The service is based within the Queens Oncology Centre at Castle Hill Hospital and Hull Royal Infirmary. Patients are predominantly seen as outpatients within the Queen’s Centre, but also as inpatients on the wards at both Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital.
What we offer
- Assessment of the nature and degree of cognitive impairment
- Pre and post neurosurgical testing
- Assessment to establish a baseline from which to establish future change
- Assessment to aid rehabilitation and/or discharge planning
- Assessment of mental capacity
Assessment for awake craniotomy
- Pre surgery baseline assessment
- Assessment of suitability and/or preparation for awake craniotomy
- Management of everyday cognitive problems, such as memory or attentional difficulties
- Management of behavioural problems
- Assessment of mood, anxiety and adjustment issues
Neuro-Oncology Psychology Service: 01482461060
Crisis and Mental Health Team Support
Please note that we are not a crisis service. Individuals in crisis can access the Mental Health Crisis Team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (for those registered with a Hull GP or East Riding GP).
Mental Health Crisis Team – Hull and East Riding patients – call 08001380990
To support young people call CAMHS crisis team 01482 335600
Rapid Response Service (North East Lincolnshire) provide a wide range of health and care services. This service can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To support young people call CAMHS crisis team for Northern East Lincolnshire – 01472626100
If you feel like you would benefit from some emotional wellbeing support after you have left hospital, your local Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) NHS Service can continue to help.
Here are a list of helpful services and how to contact them
- Let’s Talk, Hull – 01482247111
- East Riding Emotional Wellbeing Service, East Riding of Yorkshire – 01482335451 or email HNF-TR.SelfReferral@nhs.net
- Open Minds, North East Lincolnshire – Grimsby: 01472583000, Cleethorpes: 01472252760, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talking Shop, Scunthorpe – 01724867297
North Lincolnshire IAPT – 03000216165
Doncaster IAPT – 03000211556
Rotherham IAPT – 03000215108
- Steps 2 Change, Lincolnshire – 03031234000
- North Yorkshire IAPT
Harrogate – 01423852137
Northallerton – 01609768890
Whitby, Scarborough and Ryedale – 01947899270
- IAPT, York and Selby – 01904556840, or email email@example.com
Urgent Mental Health Support
If you require urgent mental health support to keep yourself or others safe, you can access this by calling the following services in your local area, or by calling 999, or attending your nearest A&E.
- Mental Health Advice and Support Line 24/7, Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire – 08001380990. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- NAViGO Crisis Team, North East Lincolnshire – 01472256256 (option 3 for mental health). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- North Lincolnshire Access Team (RDaSH NHS Foundation Trust), Northern Lincolnshire – 01724382015. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Lincolnshire Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment (Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust) – 08000014331. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Crisis Resolution and Intensive Home Treatment (CHRT), Urgent Care Services (TEWV NHS Trust), North Yorkshire – 08000516171. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Additional Helpful Numbers
- Brain Trust – 01983292405
- The Brain Tumour Charity – 08088000004
- PAUL for Brain Recovery – 01482620229
- HEADWAY Brain Injury Association – 08088002244 or for Hull and East Riding’s Branch – 07395571398
- Mind Info Line – 03001233393
- Samaritans – 116123 (free at any time, from any phone).
- Limbless Association (Amputee Charity Helpline) – 08006440185
- Cruse Bereavement – 01482565565 / 08088081677
- Spinal Injuries Association – 08009800501
- Hull DAP (Domestic Violence) – 01482318759
- DVAP (East Riding Domestic Violence support) – 01482396330
- Citizens Advice – 01482328990 / 08001448848 / 03003300888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hull ReNew (Drug and Alcohol service) – 01482620013 or email email@example.com
For additional information about services in your locality please contact your GP.