Essential works will be taking place on Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th November 2023 to repair a water leak on the Castle Hill Hospital site. To carry out these works, we will need to close the main road at the top of the Castle Hill site which forms part of the main East Yorkshire bus route; the exact location is just to the rear of the Cardiology Building (no.90 on the map below).
The road will be closed to traffic on both Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th November, all day. This means there will be no vehicular access at all through this part of the site. Bus companies and ambulance service colleagues have been informed.
At the current time, the work is scheduled to take no longer than 2 days, with the road due to reopen and access restored from Friday 10th November.
Bus service users
Please be aware that no service buses will be able to access the site on either day. Without the through road around the top of the site, there is no practical location on site for buses to turn around. This means that all bus stops on the hospital site will be out of use on the 8th and 9th, and all journeys will start and end at the bus stops outside the hospital on Castle Road.
Bus companies have been advised and service updates will be provided to passengers e.g. through the East Yorkshire Buses app.
Specific bus services will be affected as follows:
- 154 (from HRI) – will drop passengers off outside CHH and then changes to service 104
- 154 (to HRI) – board at the bus stop on the opposite side of the road to the hospital, in the lay-by between Green Lane and Entrance 3 (as it changes from service 104)
- 63 (from HRI) – bus will use the roundabout at top of Castle Road to drop off outside CHH
- 63 (to HRI) – bus will stop outside CHH
- 105 – bus will simply use the roundabout at the top of Castle Road and drop off/pick up outside CHH
- C83 – bus will simply use the roundabout at the top of Castle Road and drop off/pick up outside CHH
Staff shuttle (Mercure park and ride) users
Please see the staff intranet (Pattie) for details of drop off/pick up points in use during this period.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while these essential works take place.