Commonly Prescribed Drugs in Pregnancy
The Specialist Pharmacy Service (SPS) provides guidance on management of common conditions in pregnancy and these are a first line resource for managing these conditions in pregnancy. This guidance also includes information on risk assessing individual patients and information to give to patients around safety of medicines in pregnancy.
This guidance is available online: Safety in pregnancy.
Prescribed Drugs in Breastfeeding
SPS also provides information on safety of drugs in breastfeeding which can be accessed online: Safety in breastfeeding. You can also search for individual drugs via the search function on the SPS website.
HUTH guidelines for information only
- HEY CG86 – Management of Hypertension, Pre-Eclampsia and Eclampsia
- HEY CG361 – Management of Obstetric Cholestasis
- HEY CG248 – Guideline for the care of women with hyperemesis
- HEY CG242 – Management of Pregnancy Complicated by Diabetes
- HEY CG111 – Thromboprophylaxis during pregnancy, labour and in the postnatal period