The Drug and Therapeutics Committee is responsible for maintaining the list of recommended medicines for Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
For further information or details of recent changes to Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust List of Recommended Medicines, please contact Jane Morgan, Senior Principal Pharmacist – Formulary, Interface and Medicines Commissioning (tel. 01482 674412, email@example.com).
Membership is made up of medical staff from secondary care and a General Practitioner, pharmacists from the acute trust, a pharmaceutical advisor, microbiology and nursing staff.
The Drug and Therapeutics Committee roles include:
- To develop medicine policies
- To ensure that medicines are used in an effective and evidence-based manner
- To maintain a Trust-wide formulary
- To ensure value for money in the use of medicines
- To assess effectiveness and value of new drugs
- To promote close alignment of drug usage with neighbouring Trusts and primary care
Chairman: Prof A. Morice
Professional Secretary: Ms Jane Morgan (Senior Principal Pharmacist – Formulary, Interface and Medicines Commissioning)