- Reference Number: HEY1209/2021
- Departments: Breast Services
- Last Updated: 25 February 2021
You can translate this page by using the headphones button (bottom left) and then select the globe to change the language of the page. Need some help choosing a language? Please refer to Browsealoud Supported Voices and Languages.
Fasting Instructions for Adult Patients attending Ward 16, Castle Hill Hospital
- Please eat normally the day before your operation unless otherwise instructed.
- Your last meal should be before 12 midnight prior to your admission to the hospital.
- On the day of operation, up until 6.00am, you may drink unlimited clear fluids.
- Black tea / coffee
- Herbal teas
- Clear diluted squash
Please do not drink milk based products, fizzy drinks, fruit juices or alcohol on the day of your operation.
Please do not eat boiled sweets or chewing gum on the day of your operation.
Please do not smoke or vape on the day of your operation.
If you are required to take medication on the morning of your operation, please do so before 6.00am with a large glass of water.
Failure to adhere to these fasting instructions may result in your operation being cancelled.
Any queries, please contact the Breast Care Unit:
Telephone: (01482) 622679