- Reference Number: HEY1208/2021
- Departments: Breast Services
You can translate this page by using the headphones button (bottom left) and then select the globe to change the language of the page. Need some help choosing a language? Please refer to Browsealoud Supported Voices and Languages.
Fasting Instructions for Adult Patients attending Day Surgery (DSU3), Castle Hill Hospital
- Please eat normally the day before your operation unless otherwise instructed.
- Your last meal should be before 7.00am on the day of your operation. This should be a light breakfast.
- On the day of operation you may drink normally up until 7am.
- Between 7.00am and 11.00am you may drink unlimited clear fluids.
- Black tea / coffee
- Herbal teas
- Clear diluted squash
Please do not drink milk based products, fizzy drinks, fruit juices after 7.00am on the day of your operation.
Please do not eat boiled sweets or chewing gum after 7.00am on the day of your operation.
Please do not drink alcohol on the day of your operation.
Please do not smoke or vape on the day of your operation.
Failure to adhere to these fasting instructions may result in your operation being cancelled.
Any queries, please contact the Breast Care Unit:
Telephone: (01482) 622679