Surgery 2 – The Clinical Nurse Specialists offer pre-operative information, education and counselling for adult stoma and ileo anal pouch patients. These patients receive teaching, education and support whilst in hospital and this continues after discharge with telephone contact, community visits and nurse led clinics. Bowel dysfunction patients are also supported – Rhian Simmons runs nurse led rectal irrigation clinics. The Clinical Nurse Specialists also provide teaching for ward and student nurses, families, carers, social service carers and professions allied to medicine.
- The Stoma Care Department, Entrance 2, Castle Hill Hospital
- Open Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.00pm
- 24 hour answerphone: 01482 624026
Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Jane Thacker
- James Gridley
- Katie Hudson
- Rhian Simmons
- Carolyn Pearson
If you would like further information regarding our department / would like to make a referral / would like to make an appointment to see a Stoma Care Nurse, please do not hesitate to contact our secretary Carolyn on the number below.
Further reading – Stoma Care – follow up care after your stoma surgery
- Telephone: 01482 624026
- Address: The Stoma Care Department, Entrance 2, Castle Hill Hospital, Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org