Raising a concern or making a complaint

If you have any particular concerns, you should speak to a member of the nursing team who is caring for you, or if the matter is unresolved, ask to speak with the nurse manager. In many cases your problem will be sorted out immediately.

If you want to talk to someone who is not involved in your care, you can ask to talk to a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

You can telephone the team on 01482 623065, email them at hyp-tr.pals.mailbox@nhs.net or a member of the PALS team can meet you while you are in hospital. You can also fill in our online form.

Find out more about sharing your compliments, comments and concerns with us

Social workers

Social workers work alongside the nursing team to help patients, their partners, families and carers with personal and practical difficulties.

A member of staff caring for you may suggest that you see a social worker. We will arrange for you to see a social worker at your request.

Religious support

If you would like to speak to a representative from your religious community, a member of the ward care team can organise this for you.

There are prayer rooms at Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital.

The Trust employs full and part-time hospital chaplains, who represent all the main Christian churches. They regularly make informal visits to the wards. If you wish to see a chaplain more urgently, please ask a member of the ward care team.

Hospital chaplains can also make contact with leaders of other faith communities in the area, such as Jewish, Muslim and Hindu leaders.

Interpretation services

If English is not your first language and you have difficulty in talking with members of staff, we offer an interpreter service. A member of staff will arrange for an interpreter to help you communicate.

If you or your carer needs information about your health and wellbeing and about your care and treatment in a different format, such as large print, braille or audio, due to disability, impairment or sensory loss, please advise a member of staff and this can be arranged.

Ukrainian nationals

If you are a Ukrainian affected by the current conflict, if you are providing care for an affected Ukrainian or if you are hosting Ukrainian refugees in your home right now, you may find the UK government's Welcome Guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK useful. As well as containing important advice on getting used to life in the UK, there is also a useful glossary of terms and details of how to access essential public services including healthcare.

Ukrainian Flag