Therapy services are comprised of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition and Dietetics and Speech and Language Therapy as well as Orthotic and Prosthetic services.
We currently have research in the planning stage or about to start recruiting in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, respiratory physiotherapy, stroke and amputee rehabilitation.
Our current research interests include
- Investigating the effect of new or modified treatment methods e.g. factors associated with a greater experience of pain during intra-articular shoulder injections, prism glasses in the treatment of spatial awareness deficit with stroke patients, or use of apps to aid memory for those with acute brain injury.
- Investigating how to improve therapy processes and systems e.g. predictors of increased likelihood of failure to complete a course of out-patient physiotherapy.
- Informing treatment planning or quality of patient care e.g. use of an accelerometer to identify patterns of rest and activity in a critical care population, and impact of early referral for Parkinson’s disease patients.
- Development or testing of new tools to measure outcome, quality of life and disease status.
- Collecting information to aid understanding of how the body changes in relation to ageing, injury or recovery.
For further information on our research or how to get involved please contact:
Angela Green, Lead Clinical Research Therapist
Hull Royal Infirmary
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For patient and appointment queries:
Call us on 01482 608939