Therapy services are comprised of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition and Dietetics and Speech and Language Therapy as well as Orthotic and Prosthetic services. Therapy Services also work closely with complex rehabilitation staff. We deliver our services across both Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital sites as well as in patient’s homes, at certain community locations and satellite clinics.
Our therapy staff lead research studies that answer questions related to local gaps in knowledge, and ensure that our treatments are based on current evidence. We help recruit patients and carers to national studies that are being led from elsewhere in the country and we support other professionals with the design and delivery of their research.
Our research interests include:
- Investigating the effect of home based extended rehabilitation in older frail people.
- Investigating swallow recovery after different treatments for head and neck cancers.
- Limb reconstruction studies.
- Management of non complex back pain in the Emergency Department.
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Amputee rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Virtual Reality and Rehabilitation
For further information on our research or how to get involved please contact:
Angela Green, Lead Clinical Research Therapist
Hull Royal Infirmary
For patient and appointment queries:
Call us on 01482 608939