The Rheumatology Research Department is a small team led by Dr Patel working alongside the Rheumatology department at Hull Royal Infirmary. We are based on the 5th Floor of Alderson house at Hull Royal and cover all sites including Castle Hill and Beverley Community Hospital.
Our research projects are mainly outpatient based and are focused on patients with both Rheumatoid and Psoriatic arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Our current research interests include
- Observational studies assessing the effectiveness of new biological treatments for patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- Interventional drugs studies to assess the effectiveness of new biological treatments for patients with either psoriatic or rheumatoid arthritis
- Observational studies to assess the effectiveness for new biological treatments for patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis for patients who have never tried these therapies
- Maintaining and updating national registers for patients who have recently commenced biological therapy for either Rheumatoid Arthritis or Ankylosing Spondylitis to assess the long term benefits of such treatments
- Observational studies to establish whether there is a genetic link between patients with rheumatoid arthritis and their first degree relatives
5th Floor Alderson House
Hull Royal Infirmary
Call us on 01482 605298
Laura Field: Research Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Louise Gregory: Clinical Trials Assistant email@example.com
Norma Jarratt: Research Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Yusuf Patel: Principle Investigator email@example.com
Charlotte Thompson: Research Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org