The paediatric research department is based at Hull Royal Infirmary. Our core team consists of paediatric trained medical and nursing staff. Our consultants encompass many paediatric, surgical, gastroenterology and neonatal specialities and this is reflected in the wide variety of research studies that are being undertaken.
We are also currently working in collaboration with the adult diabetes and gastroenterology research teams in some combined studies.
Our current research interests include
- The prevention of upper respiratory tract infection related relapses in children with nephrotic syndrome.
- The optimal therapy for pseudomonas eradication in cystic fibrosis.
- Systematic collection of information to improve our knowledge of immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- The varying degrees of non-response to anti-TNF therapy in crohns disease.
- Understanding the development and progression of Type 1 diabetes.
- Screening programme for the relatives of patients with Type 1 diabetes.
For further information on our research or how to get involved please contact:
Gail Bartley (Paediatric Research Nurse)
Hull Royal Infirmary
Tel. 01482 676483 / 07342076475