The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research Department are based at Hull Royal Infirmary but also work at Castle Hill Hospital, East Riding Community Hospital and various GP practices across the region. We have a dedicated research team of clinicians, nurses, administrators and technicians. The main areas we deal with are Inflammatory Bowel Disease, upper and lower gastrointestinal disease, liver disease such as viral hepatitis, autoimmune liver diseases, alcohol and non-alcoholic liver diseases and pancreatic and biliary disease.
Our current research interests include
- Hepatitis C treatments.
- Autoimmune (Hepatitis, Primary Biliary Cholangitis and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease / Non alcoholic Steatohepatitis.
- Alcoholic Hepatitis and alcohol related liver cirrhosis.
- Drug Induced Liver Injury.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease).
- Colorectal, Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Oesophageal cancers.
For further information on our research or how to get involved please contact:
Bronwen Williams, Sarah Ford (Research Nurses — Yorkshire and Humber CRN) or Julie Willcox (Clinical Trials Assistant)
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research Department
8th Floor Alderson House
Hull Royal Infirmary