The Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Team are based in the Brocklehurst Building at Hull Royal Infirmary. We conduct a number of Clinical Trials which cover a wide range of Endocrine conditions, including Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Growth Hormone Deficiency. We also run Clinical Trials focusing on weight management.
We have had a particularly good start to the year with the first patient in the UK for the DUAL8 diabetes study, who was screened on the first day of screening globally. We have also recruited the first and only patient in the UK on the VITAL growth hormone study!
Our current research interests
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- A screening programme for relatives of patients with Type 1 Diabetes, to identify the risk of developing the disease in the future and looking at prevention.
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Dyslipidaemia / Hypercholesterolaemia (High Cholesterol)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Nutritional studies (weight management)
For further information on our research or how to get involved please contact:
Lisa Baldwin (Unit Manager) or Anneli James (Senior Associate Research Practitioner)
Academic Diabetes and Endocrinology
The Brocklehurst Building
Hull Royal Infirmary
Tel. 01482 675387