- Reference Number: HEY1064/2019
- Departments: Maternity Services
You can translate this page by using the headphones button (bottom left) and then select the globe to change the language of the page. Need some help choosing a language? Please refer to Browsealoud Supported Voices and Languages.
Welcome to the Willow Team. This leaflet has been produced to give you general information about your team of midwives. Most of your questions should be answered by this leaflet. It is not intended to replace the discussion between you and your midwife but may act as a starting point for discussion. If after reading it you have any concerns or require further explanation, please discuss this with a member of the Willow Team caring for you or join us for our next “Meet the Midwives” event. There is also a separate leaflet about the Fatima Allam Birth Centre.
Who will be looking after me in my pregnancy?
The Willow Team is made up of the 10 midwives and two midwifery assistants who are the core staff members in the Fatima Allam Birth Centre. The Willow Team is our continuity of care service to provide maternity care to women who are able to give birth in the Fatima Allam Birth Centre. This will mean that your pregnancy is classed as “low risk” or “midwife led”. If your pregnancy becomes “increased risk” or “consultant led”, depending on the time of pregnancy, you may need to transfer to shared care with a consultant and have your baby on the Labour Ward.
One of the Willow Team is your named lead midwife; however we will all aim to meet you during your pregnancy so you will know the midwife looking after you in labour. When you go into labour you will have care from your named midwife or another member of the Willow Team.
Will my care be different with the Willow Team?
Although you will have the same number of appointments covering the same information, the answer is yes. The aim of the Willow Team is to provide you with seamless care throughout your pregnancy, labour and birth, as well as visiting you at home and at postnatal clinics after your baby is born. Your named midwife and others in the Willow Team will also provide antenatal education.
It is important for you to know that there may be a rare occasion that an appointment may be cancelled at short notice, due to the fact that the Willow Team may be caring for another woman in labour. However, the team will endeavour to make sure this does not happen.
When will I see my midwife?
Your appointment pattern will be the same, however we are able to carry out appointments at a time to suit you, including weekends and evenings.
Where will my appointments be?
- Octagon Family Centre on Mondays
- Hessle Grange Medical Practice on Tuesday Evenings
- Antenatal Clinic at Hull Royal Infirmary on Thursday evenings and Saturdays
- Lemon Tree Family Centre on Fridays
- We also offer appointments in the Fatima Allam Birth Centre on occasions
How do I contact the midwives?
- For non-urgent queries: Please contact the Fatima Allam Birth Centre mobile on 07787274375. Please leave or send a message with your name, HEY number and contact number. A midwife will respond within 24 hours.
- If you have reduced / altered fetal movements: Please call the Antenatal Day Unit on (01482) 382729. The ADU is open 08.30am – 20.00pm Monday to Friday and 08.30am – 17.00pm Saturday and Sunday. Outside of these hours your call will automatically be diverted to the Antenatal Ward, so you will be able to speak to a midwife 24/7 for help or advice.
- If you have an urgent problem: For example, heavy bleeding, call Labour Ward on (01482) 384490.
- If you think you are in labour: Please call the Fatima Allam Birth Centre on (01482) 607860