- Reference Number: HEY1034/2021
- Departments: Maternity Services
You can translate this page by using the headphones button (bottom left) and then select the globe to change the language of the page. Need some help choosing a language? Please refer to Browsealoud Supported Voices and Languages.
This leaflet has been produced to give you general information about your team of midwives. Most of your questions should be answered by this leaflet. It is not intended to replace the discussion between you and your midwife, but may act as a starting point for discussion. If after reading it you have any concerns or require further explanation, please discuss this with a member of the healthcare team caring for you or join us for our next open event
On: ……………………………………… at: …………………………………………..
Who will be looking after me in my pregnancy?
The Ivy Team is made up of a team of midwives providing maternity care to women who live in the HU17 postcode areas in and around Beverley. Your antenatal and postnatal care (care during pregnancy and after the birth of your baby) will be provided by midwives in the Ivy Team, predominately by your named midwife. If you need to see a consultant obstetrician during your pregnancy we will work alongside them to provide your care. When you go into labour or have an elective caesarean section you will have care from your named midwife or another member of the Ivy team.
Will my care by different with the Ivy Team?
Although you will have the same number of appointments covering the same information, the answer is yes. The aim of the Ivy Team is to provide you with seamless care throughout the antenatal period, labour and birth, as well as visiting you at home after the baby is born. Your named midwife and others in the Ivy Team will also provide antenatal education.
It is important for you to know that there may be a rare occasion that an appointment may be cancelled at short notice, due to the fact that the Ivy Team may be caring for another woman in labour. However the team will endeavour to make sure this does not happen.
Who is in the Ivy Team?
Meet the Ivy Team
You may also meet Jane, our Ivy Team midwifery assistant:
When will I see my midwife?
Your appointment pattern will be the same, however we are able to carry out appointments at a time to suit you and this includes weekends and evenings.
Where will my appointments be?
- Coltman Avenue Children’s Centre
- Beverley Hospital
Appointments can also be undertaken in your home if required. Please discuss with your midwife.
How do I contact the midwives?
- For non-urgent queries: Email us on email@example.com include a short message, your full name and HEY number and a contact number, a midwife will contact you within 24 hours.
- If you have reduced / altered fetal movements: or need advice with other issues call the Antenatal Day Unit on (01482) 382729. The Antenatal Day Unit is open during 08.30am – 20.00pm Monday to Friday and 08.30am – 17.00pm Saturday and Sunday. Outside of these hours your call will automatically be diverted to the Antenatal Ward, so you will be able to speak to a midwife 24/7 for help or advice.
- If you have an urgent problem: for example: heavy bleeding, call Labour Ward on (01482) 384490.
- If you think you are in labour: call your named midwife on: ……………………………………..