Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is introducing new measures for visiting wards at Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill in light of the current COVID-19 situation and guidance from NHS England.
To protect patients from the risk of the virus being brought into hospital from the community, patients will be asked to nominate just ONE designated visitor who will be able to see them throughout their hospital stay. This must be an immediate family member or carer.
- The Designated Visitor will be the only visitor allowed into the clinical area to visit an individual patient.
- The Designated Visitor is not interchangeable.
- The Designated Visitor will be the communication link for all the other family members. The Designated visitor is expected to keep other family members informed of the patient’s progress.
- The Designated Visitor MUST adhere to strict hand hygiene procedures. Washing their hands for at least 20 seconds on admission to the clinical area and for at least 20 seconds when they leave.
- If the Designated Visitor displays any COVID-19 symptoms they must not enter our healthcare facility and they will be asked to leave if staff believe they are symptomatic.
- During this time the Designated Visitor will be able to visit anytime between 9am – 8pm. But only for the shortest time possible. A maximum of one hour over the time period stated.